PEAK Summer Camp
The Department of Recreational Services at Kent State University is excited to offer weekly themed camps for its 19th consecutive year. PEAK Summer Camp is designed for children 6 - 12 years of age, and also offers a Leader-in-Training program for campers 13 - 15 years of age. PEAK Summer Camp is accredited by the American Camp Association.
Each session is facilitated by highly motivated and energetic students and professionals. All camp counselors are certified in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. Activities change weekly based on the theme, but the camp follows a similar structure each week; there is also swimming every day. Lunch, snacks and a T-shirt are provided.
There are nine weeks of PEAK Summer Camp beginning June 3 and ending August 9. Sign up for one week, all nine weeks, or any number of weeks in between. The PEAK day begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. Before care is available starting at 7:30 a.m. After care is available until 5:30 p.m. Please note there is no camp during the week of July 4 in observance of Independence Day.
You may register online or in person in the Pro Shop. If you register online, please be sure to change the program filter on the left side of the page to Summer 2019:
If you wish to register online, please view the following tutorial videos to walk you through the new online registration process:
- Fusion WebPortal Account Set Up
- Signing In & Adding Dependents
- Registration Deposits
- Registration Weekly Balances
- Registration Confirmation on Account
- Online Paperwork
- Complete your online paperwork here
- Parent Handbook
The PEAK summer camp fee is $150/week. There is a $15 off discount for each additional child attending the same session. The sibling discount must be applied manually, therefore it must be paid in person in the Pro Shop or over the phone. Extended care options are for an extra fee, $20/week for one option or $30/week for both options.
Week 1: Exploring the Stars (June 3 - 7)
- From making and launching your own rockets, to visiting the campus planetarium, this week is full of experiences that are out of this world!
Week 2: Spy PEAK (June 10 - 14)
- Learn the inner workings of spies and detectives this week by cracking the codes, going on missions, scavenger hunts & escape rooms!
Week 3: Camp before Time (June 17 -21)
- In this week of camp, you will dig for fossils and making your own terrarium. Travel back into prehistoric times with us to discover some of the greatest creatures that once roamed the Earth… DINOSAURS!
Week 4: Where in the World is PEAK? (June 24 - 28)
- Join us this week as we stamp our passports during our adventures around the world! With “trips” to Italy, Spain, China, and even the good ‘ole USA, explore games and crafts that are unique to different cultures.
NO CAMP JULY 2 – JULY 6
Week 5: Education Invasion (July 8 -12)
- Grab your lab goggles and thinking caps for this week full of brainteasers and experiments that will blow your mind!
Week 6: Make a Splash with PEAK (July 15 - 19)
- Get ready to make a splash during this whacky water week! This week head for the high seas for fun water activities & explore the depths of the oceans. Get ready to dive in!
Week 7: Happy Holidays (July 22 - 26)
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”… SUMMER! Join us as we fit as many holidays into one week as we can. Gingerbread houses, Halloween spirited games and pin the tail on the turkey just to name a few!
Week 8: PEAK’s Got Talent (July 29 - August 2)
- Does being the center of the spotlight intrigue you? This week we step into the bright lights of the world’s entertainers with circus crafts, famous movie games and a talent show!
Week 9: Creative Campers (August 5 - 9)
- Campers take over Kent State this week to wrap up the summer. Choose from your favorite activities of the summer to create a perfect farewell week!
For questions or concerns, please contact:
Associate Director, Programs & Outdoor Facilities