At Kent State University we believe that mentoring is important for all faculty. We also understand that no one model is applicable to everyone. Below is a series of resources for faculty and departments including information for mentors and mentees. If you want any additional information please contact Associate Provost, Mandy Munro-Stasiuk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
RESOURCES FOR CHAIRS AND DEPARTMENTS
- Building a Departmental-Level Program: A Guide for Chairs - This guide has been written based on the 7 best practices suggested by COACHE (Collaborative on Careers in Higher Education). Departmental programs should address all 7 points.
RESOURCES FOR ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS
- Guide for Promotion to Full Professor - prepared by Kathy Kerns, Professor, Department of Psychological Sciences
- We run four sessions each year focused on Associate Professors. You can register for all four here.
- Mid-Career Session 1 - So you’re tenured! Now what! | October 18, 2017
- Mid-Career Session 2 – Managing Your Time and Multiple Demands | December 8, 2017
Target audience: All Associate Professors
- Mid-Career Session 3 – Successful Promotion to Full Professor: Perspectives from Recently Promoted Faculty | January 22, 2018
- Mid-Career Session 4 – Successful Promotion to Full Professor: Perspectives from Advisory Committee Members | March 19, 2018
- Mid-Career Coaching Program - Kent State has worked with 30 mid-career faculty in this highly succcessful coaching program. Applications for the 2017 program will be accepted until September 22nd, 2017.
RESOURCES FOR ALL FACULTY
- Personal Mentoring Map - This map, adopted from The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity can be used to help any faculty member map out their own mentoring needs.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity - Kent State has an institutional membership with the NCFDD. On this site you have access to free webinars and other resources as well as heavily discounted access to their highly successful boot camps. All Kent State faculty can create a free account at the NCFDD website.