Mission & Vision
The Kent State University Museum advances the understanding of world cultures through collecting, preserving, interpreting and exhibiting fashion, textiles, and related arts to students, scholars and the general public.
The Kent State University Museum is a highly visible access point for the University, serving as a world-class destination for the study and presentation of historic and contemporary fashion, textiles and related art forms. The Kent State University Museum will continue to:
- Build a world-class collection of historic and contemporary garments and textiles.
- Build collaborative relationships with the University community and regional and national cultural institutions.
- Broaden its audience through electronic means, including online collections access and social media.
- Secure the financial stability of the institution by building our endowments, expanding our donor base and pursuing grant opportunities.
- Expand our outreach efforts through public programs, tours and classes.
- Develop the professional expertise and skills of its staff through workshops, classes and symposia.
- Improve the Museum facility to better meet our mission.
Collections Management Policy
Click to see our complete Collections Management Policy.