Kent State MFA Graduate Assistantships
The Department of English awards a number of Graduate Assistantships (GAs) to qualified applicants.
- GAs who do not have previous experience or training in teaching college writing are required to take a graduate course 'Teaching College English' the summer prior to their appointment.
- GAs in the MFA program with Kent State as their Gateway teach in the first year writing program.
- If you apply for Fall admission by the priority deadline (January 15), you are automatically considered for a GA.
- Students in the NEOMFA program are funded for up to three years of study.
- Students who are not funded may apply for internal funding during the next admission cycle.
Contact Craig Paulenich (firstname.lastname@example.org), NEOMFA Kent Campus Coordinator, if you have any questions.