The College of the Arts provides many opportunities for both current and future students to engage with the college and university communities.
As a University:
- Through the Fee for Free, all Kent State students are afforded the opportunity to attend Arts events throughout the semester.
- In the fall of each year, the College celebrates with a culturally diverse Fall Arts Festival on Risman Plaza. All Kent State students are invited. In the past we have hosted Fall Fiesta, Asian Fest, GreekFest, Africa Fest and India Fest.
- Each year, the College sponsors Stratosphere, an art competition for the entire Kent State student body. The 2017-18 theme is FLIGHT and students have a chance to win a $1,000 prize, two $500 prizes, or a $250 prize.
As a College:
Join us on Friday, September 7 from 2-4 p.m. in the Center for the Performing Arts for SUNDAES ON FRIDAY!
At the opening of the fall semester the College of the Arts hosts a free Sundaes on Friday Student Mixer in the EZ Theatre for all students majoring in art, music, theatre, dance and fashion. It's a chance to meet other students in the College of the Arts and to meet the Dean.
- In 2014-15, the College of the Arts announced a new Flash Grant for collaborative student art and design creative projects. It offers College of the Arts students a chance to team up with another student or a student group who works in a field other than their own.
- Dean John Crawford has organized a College of the Arts Dean's Student Advisory Council (DSAC) in order to provide a safe, nonjudgmental environment for undergraduate and graduate students to address concerns, promote discussion, and allow an opportunity to collaborate with other departments to help reinforce the importance of synergy. DSAC members are selected by current DSAC representatives each spring for the following fall.
- The College of the Arts offers a myriad of Student Organizations in which our students may participate as well.
- The College invites you to explore information on career planning, opportunities for student engagement and study away, and tips for working with faculty and making connections with others like you and those different from you at Undergraduate Student Resources.
- The Advising Office provides one-on-one advising to College of the Arts students.